When you discover that the Default Folders (Inbox, Despatched Objects, and so on.) are lacking in Microsoft Outlook or Outlook.com, then this put up is bound that can assist you restore the lacking folders and resolve the problem.
Default Folders lacking in Outlook and Outlook on the Net
If in case you have seen that some Default Outlook Folders (eg, the Inbox) are lacking within the Outlook consumer in your Home windows 11/10 PC or Outlook on the Net, you may attempt our really useful options under in no explicit order and see if that helps to repair the problem.
- Run Microsoft Assist and Restoration Assistant instrument
- Create Outlook.com e-mail alias
- Restore/Reset/Reinstall Outlook consumer
- Change PR_ATTR_HIDDEN and PR_ATTR_SYSTEM worth
- Carry out System Restore
- Arrange and use Mail app
Let’s check out the outline of the method concerned regarding every of the listed options.
Earlier than you proceed with the options under, you may replace Microsoft Workplace manually in your system. We suggest you be certain that Workplace Computerized Updates is enabled and also you activate Obtain updates for different Microsoft merchandise in Home windows Replace.
1] Run Microsoft Assist and Restoration Assistant instrument
You may start troubleshooting to repair the problem of some Default Folders lacking in Outlook and Outlook on the Net by operating the Microsoft Assist and Restoration Assistant instrument in your Home windows 11/10 system – the command-line model of the SaRA instrument can be accessible.
The instrument may also help you with Outlook if:
- E-mail in Outlook not syncing
- Outlook gained’t begin
- Can’t setup Workplace 365 e-mail in Outlook
- Outlook retains asking for password
- Outlook retains “Making an attempt to attach…” or will get “Disconnected”
- Shared mailboxes or shared calendars don’t work
- Issues with Calendar
- Outlook not responding, retains crashing or has stopped working
- Outlook can’t ship, obtain, or discover the e-mail
Strive the subsequent resolution if the automated wizard wasn’t useful.
2] Create Outlook.com e-mail alias
That is extra of a workaround than an answer. Earlier than you do that workaround, first signal out of Outlook on the Net, after which signal again in and see if the lacking default folders are restored. If not, you may create an Outlook.com e-mail alias.
Having an e-mail alias could be very helpful if you don’t want to offer out your primary e-mail ID to somebody, and don’t need to create a brand new Outlook e-mail account – however as a substitute handle the account out of your present account. This fashion, you should utilize completely different e-mail IDs for various issues simply.
Learn: Repair Outlook on the Net issues and points.
3] Restore/Reset/Reinstall Outlook consumer
This resolution requires you to Restore/Reset/Reinstall Outlook consumer in that order and see if that helps.
To restore Microsoft Outlook in your Home windows 11/10 PC, do the next:
- Open Management Panel.
- Click on Packages and Options.
- Proper-click the Workplace program that you just need to restore, and choose Change.
- Subsequent, click on Restore > Proceed. Workplace will begin repairing the apps.
- Restart PC after the restore operation completes.
You can even restore Workplace Outlook through the Settings app on Home windows 11/10. Right here’s how:
- Open Settings for Home windows 11 or open Settings for Home windows 10
- Choose Apps and Options.
- Scroll to seek out your Microsoft Workplace set up.
- Click on on the entry and click on on Modify.
- On the popup dialog, select Fast Restore or On-line Restore.
- Click on on the Restore button.
If the restore operation wasn’t useful, you may reset Outlook and see if the problem in hand is resolved. In any other case, you may uninstall Workplace after which reinstall Workplace suite in your system.
4] Change PR_ATTR_HIDDEN and PR_ATTR_SYSTEM worth
This difficulty in view can happen if the
PR_ATTR_HIDDEN or the
PR_ATTR_SYSTEM property of the affected folder is about to
True. The default worth for each talked about attributes for mailbox folders is
This resolution requires you to alter PR_ATTR_HIDDEN and PR_ATTR_SYSTEM values of the lacking folder. Do the next:
- Obtain the MFCMAPI instrument.
- Unzip the archive package deal.
- Launch mfcmapi.exe.
- Click on OK button on the intro display screen.
- Subsequent, click on the Session tab on the menu bar.
- Choose Logon.
- Choose the Outlook profile for the affected mailbox.
- Choose OK.
- Double-click the e-mail deal with that represents the specified mailbox.
- Within the left pane, navigate to the affected folder utilizing the suitable steps under for the kind of Outlook profile you’re utilizing.
If Cached Mode, navigate to the next:
Root - Mailbox > IPM_SUBTREE
If On-line Mode, navigate to the next:
Root Container > High of data Retailer
- Subsequent, on the left navigation pane, find and choose the folder that seems lacking in Outlook.
- Now, on the suitable pane test the worth of the
PR_ATTR_SYSTEMto find out whether it is set to
- If set to True, right-click the
PR_ATTR_SYSTEMproperty because the case could also be, and choose Edit Property.
- Uncheck the Boolean choice.
- Click on OK.
- Shut all MFCMAPI home windows.
- Restart Outlook.
The problem ought to be resolved now. If not, attempt the subsequent resolution.
5] Carry out System Restore
One other viable resolution you may attempt because it pertains to particularly the Outlook consumer put in in your Home windows 11/10 pc is to carry out System Restore – that is assuming all default folders in Outlook had been current at an earlier given time. So, it’s potential your system has undergone some modifications you aren’t conscious of, or that wasn’t user-initiated; and because you have no idea what may need damaged the Outlook consumer performance in your system, System Restore (any modifications like utility installs, consumer preferences and anything made after the restore level might be misplaced) is an choice you need to discover.
6] Arrange and use Mail app
This resolution requires you to arrange the Mail app and use the Mail app in your system. Alternatively, you may go for any of the most effective free E-mail Shoppers for Home windows 11/10 PC.
Any of those options ought to be just right for you!
TIP: You may configure Outlook to get WARNED earlier than transferring or deleting folders. You also needs to be capable of open Journal folders, empty the Junk E-mail Folder, create a Search Folder, copy Outlook e-mail folders to your Home windows 11 or Home windows 10 desktop and alter default Outlook Startup folder.
Why are a few of my folders not exhibiting in Outlook?
A number of the causes or causes for lacking Outlook Folders consists of; a few of your Outlook folders are hidden. A folder was inadvertently deleted. Outlook isn’t syncing with the server. The private folder file is broken.
How do I restore the default folder in Outlook?
To reset or restore Outlook folder names or language, do the next:
- Open Command Immediate.
c:and hit Enter to be sure you are on the C drive.
- Subsequent copy and paste the command
cd "Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOFFICE16"and hit Enter.
- Subsequent, kind within the command
outlook /resetfoldernamesand hit Enter.
- Restart Outlook. The folder names are actually reset.
Why can’t I see my folders in Outlook Net App?
When you can’t see your folders in Outlook Net App, do the next: Go to Outlook on the net. To view your mail folders, click on on the ‘arrow’ subsequent to “Folders” to broaden your folder itemizing. It is best to now see your whole folders listed within the left-hand column.
How do I discover a folder in Outlook that has disappeared?
Within the e-mail window, press Ctrl+Shift+F to open the Superior Discover dialog field. Click on Browse to show a pop-up window of your folder construction, pinpointing the place your ‘hidden’ folder resides.