To mitigate the specter of viruses, worms, or malware, and assist shield your PC, recordsdata from the web or another doubtlessly unsafe location are opened in Protected View in your Home windows 11 or Home windows 10 machine. On this submit, we offer the options to the problem of Workplace doc attachments open in Protected View in Outlook. This downside happens despite the fact that the e-mail was despatched to you by one other person in your group by way of Microsoft Change Server.
When this situation happens, both of the next notification is displayed on the high of the doc.
- Watch out – e mail attachments can include viruses. Except you’ll want to edit, it’s safer to remain in Protected View.
- This file originated as an e-mail attachment and is likely to be unsafe. Click on for extra particulars.
Workplace doc attachments open in Protected View
If Workplace doc attachments open in Protected View in Outlook in your Home windows 11/10 PC, you possibly can strive our advisable options within the order introduced under to resolve the problem in your machine.
- Disable Protected View
- Troubleshoot Outlook in Protected Mode
- Quickly disable safety software program
- Modify MarkInternalAsUnsafe Registry key
- Contact IT Administrator
Let’s check out the outline of the method concerned regarding every of the listed options.
1] Disable Protected View
To start troubleshooting to resolve the Workplace doc attachments open in Protected View in Outlook situation in your Home windows 11/10 PC, you possibly can merely disable Protected View in Microsoft Workplace and see if that helps. In any other case, strive the subsequent resolution.
2] Troubleshoot Outlook in Protected Mode
The error in view might happen as a result of some Outlook third-party add-ins you will have put in in your system. To rule out this risk, you possibly can launch Outlook in Protected Mode. In Protected Mode, Outlook will probably be launched with add-ins disabled with solely the important add-ins enabled.
To launch Outlook in Protected Mode in your Home windows 11/10 PC, do the next:
- Press Home windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- Within the Run dialog field, sort
outlook.exe /secureand hit Enter.
- Subsequent, choose the Outlook profile from the drop-down menu that you simply wish to launch within the Outlook Protected Mode.
- Comply with the directions within the information on the right way to repair Outlook error 0x800CCC67 to finish the troubleshooting.
If the problem remains to be unresolved, you possibly can strive the subsequent resolution.
3] Quickly disable safety software program
Antivirus and firewall notably from third-party distributors put in and working in your Home windows 11/10 pc might be the perpetrator right here; particularly if Protected View is already disabled for Workplace paperwork. On this case, you possibly can quickly disable safety software program in your PC.
This largely depends upon the safety software program you will have put in. Seek advice from the instruction guide. Typically, to disable your antivirus software program, find its icon within the notification space or system tray on the taskbar (often within the decrease proper nook of the desktop). Proper-click the icon and select the choice to disable or exit this system.
You possibly can disable Home windows Defender if that’s the safety software program you’re presently working in your machine.
4] Modify MarkInternalAsUnsafe Registry key
Since it is a registry operation, it is suggested that you simply again up the registry or create a system restore level as needed precautionary measures. As soon as carried out, you possibly can proceed as follows:
- Shut Outlook.
- Press Home windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- Within the Run dialog field, sort regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate or bounce to the registry key path under:
Observe: The x.0 placeholder denotes the model of Workplace Outlook (Outlook 2010 = 14.0, Outlook 2013 = 15.0, Outlook for Microsoft 365, 2019, 2016, 2021 = 16.0) that you simply’re utilizing in your system.
- On the location, on the appropriate pane, double-click the MarkInternalAsUnsafe entry to edit its properties.
- Within the properties dialog field change the Worth information from 1 to 0.
- Click on OK or hit Enter to avoid wasting the change.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Launch Outlook.
5] Contact IT Administrator
By default, Workplace doc attachments are usually not opened in Protected View if the e-mail message originates from inside your individual Change group. So, if nothing has labored to this point for you and the problem in hand remains to be unresolved, you possibly can contact your IT/Change Server administrator. Your system administrator might should disable the Use Protected View for attachments from inner senders coverage within the Group Coverage Administration Console.
Hope this helps!
Associated submit: Microsoft Phrase opens recordsdata in Learn-only mode in Home windows 10
How do I open attachments in Outlook with out asking?
To open attachments in Outlook with out asking, observe these directions:
- Begin Outlook as an administrator by urgent and holding CTRL+SHIFT key whereas clicking on the Outlook icon.
- Settle for the Consumer Account Management (UAC) safety immediate.
- Present administrator credentials when prompted.
- Open the attachment and uncheck the field for the At all times ask choice.
- Shut Outlook and begin it usually.
How do I flip off Protected View in Outlook?
You possibly can flip off Protected View in Outlook by disabling the choice to allow the function for Outlook attachments. You might also wish to disable the function for recordsdata originating from the Web as nicely – as soon as carried out, the registry might be modified to disable the Open/Save dialog.